Latino Arts Network of California
MAESTRO Prize: masters of art and cultural practice
The Latino Arts Network of California (LAN) is pleased to partner with the California Arts Council to identify and honor individuals who are masters of cultural practice working in communities throughout California. This prize was designed to recognize artists and cultural workers who have demonstrated a commitment to community-based work and/or who have distinguished themselves as Masters in their field.
Eligibility: The LAN Maestro Prize is open to artists residing in California. Five (5) artists/cultural workers will be awarded a prize of $500 each to be used at their discretion. LAN Maestros will be chosen from a pool of candidates nominated by LAN members and chosen by a committee made up of Maestro awardees and representatives from LAN’s founding art centers.
Criteria for selection includes:
- Your nomination must be a local artist or cultural worker working in your community/region.
- Your nomination must be someone who best represents the award based on their work in your community, as an arts teacher, mentor, artist, cultural creative force, organizer or leader.
- There is no age requirement, but the person selected should represent a history of working in the community, and/or demonstrate a body of work as a master of cultural practice.
- Full-time employees, and/or current members of the board of directors of LAN founding organizations are not eligible, however, persons who teach or consult or have worked at the centers in the past are eligible.
- Your selection will be final. We will mitigate any duplication on a case-by-case basis.
Once the selections have been identified, we will create a compendium of the roster and develop promotional materials to share with each of the community centers. Self-generated materials must include grant language.
Nominations are ongoing. DEADLINE APRIL 28, 2017
Submit your nomination by:
Fill the Online Form Below OR
Contact Rebecca Nevarez at email@example.com or (626) 228-5016 for more information.
The LAN MAESTRO Prize is made possible with generous support from the California Arts Council.
To nominate someone, please fill out the form below or download and manually fill out and send in the .pdf application.